Friday 23 August 2013

Carine Brosse - Artist






Carine Brosse is creating her own contemporary Wunderkammer, a cabinet of curiosity that explores true human nature by entwining fantasy and reality. The work is investigating the beauty, complexity and the cruelty of human nature, as well as the contradiction of our physical fragility and the fierce nature of our impulses. Carine’s creations show the difficulty facing the beast that has to live in a controlled society.  

What inspires you in your art?
Every day life, Life and Death on the Yorkshire Dales Moor, Poems and other writing.


What medium do you work in?
Mixed media.

What are you looking forward to at Make it Up North?
I’m looking forward to see how my new work is going to be received, meeting new people and hopefully making new connections!


What work are you showing at the event?
I’m going to show the best sculptures I’ve done so far, inspired by poems and short stories. I’m very excited by this work! There’s a slight gothic feel which will suit York very well…

If you could sit in a room with any artist….who would it be and what would you ask them?
I was lucky enough to meet Tessa Farmer recently, and she was as interesting as I thought she would be. I love her work!
Otherwise, I’m very into Edgar Allan Poe at the moment, so I would have liked to meet him and ask him to tell me a story… maybe even to write one for me!!


Name your favourite quote/or philosophy to life?
 “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” Dr Seuss




"When in doubt  - DANCE"

Carine will be showing her work at Make it Up North Event at The Guildhall in York on the 5th and 6th of October. 








No comments:

Post a Comment