Tuesday 27 August 2013

Paul Browne - Artist



Artist Statement 

Everything I put down on paper or canvas is a direct result of my experiences. I am drawn to adventure, that might be on a mountain bike, or a walk or even trawling a city in search of a bar. It is apart of me, it is all around me. I observe everything. I can see mystery, ugliness, interest & beauty in a tired old building or a dusty old window.

Most of my images are an amalgum of one scene, or sometimes different angles or points of interest picked from a skyline.

Painting is a lifetime of wanderlust caputured & confined through the execution of my brush.


What inspires you in your art? 
Adventure, story telling & expression.

What medium do you work in?
Oils & pen / ink

What are you looking forward to at Make it Up North
the unknown.

What work are you showing at the event?
 A mix of my last 3 collections. urban scenes, rural & a lot of northern grit.


Have you any exciting news to share? 
Before november, i'll have a new studio -- yay!

If you could sit in a room with any artist….who would it be and what would you ask them? 
Eric drooker. He's the man. I'd ask him about his hopes & fears. I'm also interested in his ability to survive as a contemporary painter.


Name your favourite quote/or philosophy to life? 
'To thy own self -- be true!'

If money was no object what piece of work would you create? 
I'd create a lot of large public art for the people of oldham. I'd like to think I could create light & optimism in the darkest of valley's.

Artist Paul Browne will be showing his work at Make it Up North on the 5th and 6th of October at The Guildhall in York.

Times for the event: Saturday 5th 10 - 6pm
                                 Sunday 6th 10 - 4pm

More details on the event Make it Up North can be found here http://www.artmarkets.co.uk 

See more of Paul here on our Artist Directory http://artmarkets.co.uk/artist/profile/54/paul-browne-art


No comments:

Post a Comment