Sunday 8 September 2013

Andy Fullalove - Artist





Andy Fullalove is a contemporary artist who derives his inspiration from landscape.  His work involves  semi abstract interpretations of the world around him which he expresses in oil on canvas. Andy paints one-off originals specifically for exhibition at various galleries around the UK and undertakes bespoke commissioned work. Born in Lancashire, Andy lives with his family in Yorkshire, where his studio is based.






What inspires you in your art?
My initial inspiration is through landscape/nature, combined with a deeper sense of human experiences.

What medium do you work in?
The medium I work in are oils.


What are you looking forward to at Make it Up North?
I’m looking forward to meeting new artists, selling some work, and adding to my client list at the event.

What work are you showing at the event?
The work I’m showing will be contemporary landscape paintings in oil on canvas.


Any exciting news to share? 
My news is that I’ve just had 2 exhibitions in New York (1 still on-going), and just finalising details for exhibitions in Holland.


If you could sit in a room with any artist….who would it be and what would you ask them?
I would love to meet Frank Auerbach, and probably ask him how he managed to paint some of the worlds most challenging paintings at the age of 21, whilst still at art school.



Name your favourite quote/or philosophy to life?
The quote that helps me the most whilst working is : ‘Make every square inch a great piece of painting’ – Robert Rauschenberg

 Andy Fullalove will be showing his work at Make it Up North Event at The Guildhall in York on the 5th and 6th of October. 

No comments:

Post a Comment