Sunday 29 September 2013

Ashi Marwaha - Jeweller



What inspires you in your art?
My work is inspired by the geometry used in Indian architecture, monuments and patterns. But generally, too, I am inspired by pattern & geometry in both nature & architecture. I also love colours and textures.   

What medium do you work in?
I work mainly in silver, with precious and semi-precious stones.

                                      

What are you looking forward to at Make it Up North?
 It will be good to show work in a new market and also relish the chance to look around York Minster and York.

What work are you showing at the event?
 Mainly my signature work.

                                   

If you could sit in a room with any artist….who would it be and  what would you ask them?
Kandinsky (painter) – one of the first artists I researched. I would ask him if he did really visualize music ie in his paintings and what it felt like. 

Name your favourite quote/or philosophy to life?
Be true by Mahatma Gandhi – a simple quote affecting all aspects of work and life.



If money was no object what piece of work would you create? 
I would love to design and make a huge sculptural piece, set in the landscape.    




No comments:

Post a Comment